Wednesday, December 14, 2011

baby plans in the works

Yes, you heard right. We are now planning to try to have a child. We are waiting until March so we can be certain David can reenlist as planned but as long as that goes as he is told it will then we will start trying for a baby. And since my parents as well as everyone in my family as well as David's family can get pregnant just walking past each other in the hall we're pretty sure it won't take long. But I have some concerns about it.

I've struggled with an eating disorder since I was 12 and went into recovery around age 17. I'm now 19. Everything seems to be normal for the most part in my system now but I'm just worried that it may have an impact on how quickly we can conceive. Nonetheless, I'm excited. He's excited. It just seemed like the right time. We are indeed real young but we are at a post right now that David cannot deploy from and it's fenced in and we've already been informed that we are stuck here until 2 years is up....which is kind of a while from now. After here we're using reenlistment to get us to Germany which we've already been told is most likely going to happen. Well I don't know about you, but I'm a bit terrified at the thought of having my first child in a different country and very possibly while my husband is deployed. A second child? Sure. But my very first? No thank you. Not when we have the option to do otherwise.

I've gotten a little prematurely excited. I've always wanted nothing more than to be a mother so hearing that we can try for that soon kind of set my googling fingers in motion. Do you know how much a crib costs???? I did not. But I'm looking into it all now. I think I need a basal thermometer.

We picked some names we like last night. It was more of a struggle than we expected. The name he likes his sister took (Chloe) and the name I liked for freaking ever his brother took (Ellie). So we've come up with these:

Boys:
Aiden James
Jadon Andrew

Girls:
Eliana Marie
Elise Marie

Ya like?

I am a little concerned and such about how DD will fit in with all this. Obviously I am aware that most couples have kids and have practiced DD just fine but how do you do it when you're pregnant? And afterwords, how do you keep it up with kiddies in the house?

I am in search of any and all advice regarding getting pregnant, pregnancy, child rearing, and DD WITH KIDS.

HELP?

:)

I'm off to google.

Ash

3 comments:

  1. Im not being condescending (more smiling at your infectious excitement :) but I think you may just be a tiny little bit running ahead of yourself? Concentrate on one thing at a time, the rest will fall into place. I can only tell you how ttwd works with children around for myself, quiet implements when sleeping is more how it goes with me lol, it's workable....... sometimes unfortunately so!
    Hoping it all works out :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I said prematurely excited didn't I? I have nothing else to do with my time but think and research so I do both perhaps a little too much. But hey at least I'll be prepared...at least as prepared as one can get for a child anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ash, I love this question. Henry and I did not practice Dd when I was pregnant, but we did practice erotic spanking. I soooo needed it when I was pregnant. I am a natural spanko, and the hormones brought on by the pregnancy often pronounced those feelings. The whole nesting thing, wanting H to be more loving and nurturing may have also influenced my need. But we did not use punishment spanking at that time, so I can only offer my thoughts from what I know and what I think.
    I could not have survived pregnancy without Henry spanking me. I honestly craved it more then when non-pregnant. But my spankings were never done with anything but his hand, and they were never severe by any means. I think the baby would have been bounced around in the car more than during these spankings.
    Obviously this is something that you need to discuss with your husband, and it seems to me you could start that discussion right now. Sometimes conversation spurs new thoughts and over time, you will have had so much opportunity to know what is right for the two of you.
    If H and I *had* been practicing Dd while I was pregnant, I think we would have used more non-spanking punishments. And if spanking were the only way that we felt it would work for us, they would be rather light, and more focused on the ritual and the lecture then anything else. Light and steady. Positioning would have to be done to accommodate a protruding belly, but that's easy to figure out. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete